All I can say is that these lights are awesome for continuous purposes for several reasons.
1. I don’t like wasting electricity and heating up the room, I live on Maui, it’s hot enough. These draw 85 watts and produce the equivalent of almost four regular 100 watt bulbs.
2. They do warm up, but for the most part stay relatively cool. ( great for getting up close if you want to shoot a model at F16 or F22 – the light needs to be very close at these apertures )
3. Cheap as *.. you can get them at amazon for about $20 bucks. Great deal.
4. They produce a constant and CLEAN 5000K NICE WHITE LIGHT. The company also makes tungsten balanced bulbs.
5. Throw them in a China ball and hang a few in a room. Great for shooting with the 5D2 or 7D indoors at 5.6 and even 8.0 if you use them properly
6. THEY FIT INTO NORMAL LIGHT FIXTURES. This is probably the biggest convenience for me.
So if you are looking for some nice white light but don’t feel like spending a FORTUNE, these are seriously the bomb. I ordered one to check it out and now have 10. They are fun to plug in all over the house at night then go outside the whiteness of your interior will look unearthly since we are so used to seeing homes lit with 25w to 100w bulbs.
The company also makes smaller sizes but I’m gonna leave that up to you and your google skills.
As you can see in the photo below, these things are huge ( about the size of a 1.5 liter bottle of water ) HAVE FUN !